Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Trying to get back to blogging...

Redheaded hero. I've said this before, but I'm dying to write a redheaded hero. Why? Blame the dude in Banana Republic.

A few months ago, I was trolling about in my local Banana, when I bumped into someone. Turning to apologize, I faced a wall of red. Bright red Polo shirt -or maybe it was a Banana shirt. cough- and bright red hair. You know that color, that vivid orange-red that looks like a living flame.

My first thought, erm after the apology, was good on you, dude for having the chutzpah to own the red. Then I got a good look at the guy. He was gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Like you read about. Or like I write about, actually. Brilliant blue eyes, high cheekbones, straight, Roman nose... A face Bernini might have sculpted. And carrot orange hair.

I couldn't help but wonder if most women saw past that red hair -or hell, men, because who knows? But I digress. Unfortunately, redheaded men don't get the same adoration that their dark and light haired brothers do [okay, I'll add in here that, yes, the crop of hottie redheaded men is way smaller, maybe its a matter of slim pickings]. Which is too bad because I find all that red kind of hot.

How about you? Do you like the red? Or does it give you horrible visions of Carrot Top?


7 comments:

  1. Overall I really like redheads. Hubby had carrot red hair growing up (though now it has darkened to an auburn) so I may be partial. All in all though it's the personality that makes or breaks the relationship. Still...swoon. Please do write a redhead hero. I'll read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! Hot! Add that I always wanted my dark brown to have more red highlights. Of course, now I settle for silver. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, carrot-red has never been my favorite, but on the right face...:)

    I do think the actress who play's Castle daughter is stunning.

    Btw, Kristen, I've desperately been trying to get in touch with you. Can you email me asap? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, gingers. One of my favorite topics!

    Rupert Grint from HP never did it for me, but there are always alternative. ;)

    My go-to gingers would inclue (but are not limited to) Seth Greene, Zack Ward, and Kevin McKidd. Seems like most redheaded male models tend to have facial hair/beards so I'm not sure how much you would get out of that. *g*

    I'm a total sucker for a flash of red hair. *le sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I do so love a red-headed man! Wish there were more of them around...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally I love red heads but I was born one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, be still my ginger lovin' heart...

    Two of my favorite fictional characters are Jamie Fraser and Ron Weasley and I'm always thrilled to read about more red-headed hotties. I always think it's odd that there are so many red haired heroines in books (given how rare in general) and yet how few true ginger heroes there are.

    So I say, yes please ... do it!

    ReplyDelete